Part of our thinking and activity as Emmanuel Community Church is looking beyond ourselves to others – locally, regionally and globally.
God is not bounded by space-time and is present everywhere at once. The whole world is of concern to God, its creator, and we should reflect this as well.
In the gospel of John we read that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”.
In Luke’s record of events (the book of Acts) relating to the fledgling church we read that in response to the disciples question “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” Jesus replies “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority – but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem (that’s where they were), and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (i.e. moving outwards!)
- Tearfund is a Christian relief and development agency building a global network of churches to help eradicate poverty
- Béziers (France) – supporting the evangelical church in Stockport’s twin town
- AJCM (Anglo Japanese Christian Ministries) – not only sharing the Christian faith but also helping and advising Japanese families who are visiting or living in the UK. This work is headed up by Trevor and Cheryl Howard who are members at Emmanuel
- CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) – Our support is for Terry and Wilma Flannigan who were church members for many years. They head up the Specialised Book Ministry
- Ahero College - training local pastors in Kenya
- New Tribes Mission - supporting Dan and Rachel Hulley in Papua New Guinea
- Charlottesville Community Church - partnering with an evangelical church in Virginia, USA
- Ian and Sue Paxton / JARS (Jesus and Relief Supplies) and their work in Romania
- Our people serving others during the summer months e.g. Nefyn Camps or sometimes service overseas.